Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Have You Seen My Country?

You may be seeing flyers like this in your local coffee shop or grocery store. More and more of us are wondering what happened to that great country we grew up in and we're looking for it.

Today we have Republican leaders that are either complete idiots or the Devil incarnate ~ or both. And we have Democrats who wimp out on any issue, if they think it will compromise their approval ratings. Some choice!

Some days I wonder if democracy even works, anymore. And no, I don't have a better alternative. But I'm fed up with politicians who just don't get it.

A few folks got together and created http://unity08.com
for Americans who have had it with devisiveness and want solutions that work. I heard about in on the Stephen Colbert show. Much as a love Stephen, he's not my first choice for President. (Are you listening, Mr. Gore??)

Today, Unity '08 launches its "Have You Seen My Country?" campaign. http://unity08.com/takeaction/mycountry
Hence, the flyer. They want members to spread them around. I spend more time on my computer than I do at the coffee shop (I bet you do, too). So here you go.

Hmm, what if we find our country, notice she's changed and discover leaders who get it? That would be something we could unite over!

Copyright, Julia Stewart, 2007
All rights reserved.
www.yourlifepart2.com

1 comment:

unitybroth said...

Julia,

Thank you for posting the flyer! I sure hope that we can find Our Country!

Sincerely,
Bob Roth
VP Online Marketing
Unity08